Inexpensive Valentine's Day Ideas
Now that we are beginning 2009, our economy is a little shaky. This causes many of us parents to try to stretch our budget as far as possible, allowing for purchases that we want and don't really need. I was wondering what to do for my husband for Valentine's Day, but I really can't afford much even though I make extra income working from home. So, I decided to ask some other moms for their ideas and I'm sharing them with you here.
1. Make a gift basket for your significant other (SO) with a few of his/her favorite things. Suggested items include favorite foods, books, magazines, candy, and movies.
2. Another lady suggested giving items for the two of you to use together in the bedroom. *wink wink*
3. Make coupons good for foot rubs, a favorite meal or whatever you can dream up!
4. Make a heart shaped pizza for dinner and buy your SO his or her favorite drink to go with it.
5. Celebrate Valentine's Day on a day other than the actual holiday. Trade free babysitting services with a good friend and go out. You can just order appetizers at your favorite restaurant and still have a good time and enjoy an actual conversation!
6. Bake a cake. Cake mix and icing are very inexpensive and almost everyone loves cake. One lady suggested a red velvet cake to go along with the color theme of the holiday.
7. Check out the local dollar store for inexpensive gifts. The quality of their items has greatly improved in recent years and you just might find something that fits your budget.
8. Have a movie night at home and let your SO choose the movie. Make sure you include plenty of snuggling!
9. If you have a large enough tub, enjoy a bubble bath for two.
Sneak a sweet note in his or her coat pocket, lunch box, car, etc.
Make a special lunch or cookies for him or her to have at work.
Visit the place you met or other place that holds special memories.
Make a CD with favorite songs.