Simplify Your Housecleaning With Routines
Many people, especially mothers and other women know how difficult it can be to manage everything in your life and keep a neat house at the same time. We are often expected to keep a clean house, raise happy and healthy children and/or pets, and put three square meals on the table every day. For many many women, just looking at a messy house and not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel can be incredibly discouraging. Sometimes we end up just closing our eyes to the mess, and then feeling like a failure later. In order to gain control, establishing routines might be the answer for you. We want to be successful, productive, and happy; but if you are a work-at-home mom like me managing a household and working can be very stressful.
When conducting research for this article, I stumbled upon a website that claimed you could maintain a clean house in 19 minutes a day. After I finished rolling around on the floor laughing my head off, I moved on to see if I could find something a little more realistic. The truth is, you can maintain a clean home with a consistent daily routine. Don't expect to only spend 20 minutes a day on it though, unless you don't have children or pets.
Before you will be able to maintain a daily routine you will need to get your house in shape IF it has really become out of control. No matter the time of year, conduct a good spring cleaning. I don't mean wash the windows; I'm talking about getting rid of the stuff that is taking over the space. Many people mistakenly think that they can corral their stuff or organize it. Your problem may just be that you have too many things. Following are some steps to take if you need to lessen the amount of clutter in your house:
1. Find a thrift/goodwill store where you can donate items.
2. Get good sized boxes and one large trash bag.
3. Decide which room you want to work on right now and put your boxes and trash bag in it.
4. Label one box KEEP and one box GIVE.
5. Go through everything in the room that is on the floor, furniture, shelves, etc and decide whether you HAVE TO keep it, if you can give it away and if you can get away with throwing it away. Try to get rid of more things than you keep. Try not to spend long on this just toss things in their box/bag.
6. When you have sorted through everything in the room, immediately take the bag to the trash. Then put the GIVE box in your car. Take it to the thrift/goodwill store right away if you can. The less stuff you have, the easier it will be to keep a clean house!